Monday, June 26, 2006

Go West Young Man!

We did it; we've been back and forth to California in less than 72 hours, with a 6 month old STAR traveler, connection flights through Chicago O'Hare in both directions, and packed lightly- still with baby essentials strapped onto our sides. Logan did a super A++ job; I'm just incredulous of how wonderfully he did (ok, really all three of us did as a team). I told him I'll remember this when it comes time to buy him a car. Luckily, he just gave me a grin, turned around and played again. Maybe he won't know how to throw it back to me in 16-17 years, then. But I'm just that relieved to be past the shear fear I was feeling in the immediate weeks before this travel adventure.

The occasion for such planning was to join the whole "usual suspect" group of Grahams, Westemeyers, Kellys, Setters, et al in celebrating Heather Kelly & Scott Fay's wedding in Big Sur, CA the weekend of June 9-11. And we did have a great time, per expectation. It was a beautiful setting for a wedding, fabulous couple, and interesting company to experience this all with.

Pictures are: 1) bride and groom during ceremony, being serenaded. 2) Family Graham in front of Pfeiffer State Park- Big Sur falls during nature walk, afternoon before the wedding.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in utter awe of your ability to just pick up an GO! good for you and we know where that gene came from! I am ready for HH.....