I have a lot of work ahead of me in future years, in an effort to "top" Chris' first Fathers Day. On Sunday, June 18th, we had been invited to Logan's daycare provider's home (Gladys) to watch the Brazil/Australia World Cup game and stay afterwards for a BBQ. I don't think I knew quite what was in store for us, but to watch the World Cup with a large Brazilian family in our area is an event in and of itself. We had such a fun time (thank god Brazil won that one- what a passionate crowd) and got to know Gladys & family better. Logan's "girlfriend"Olivia & her parents were there and this was cool, as we three just adore O. She always dotes on Logan and he's no dummy-he soaks up the love. After the game, everyone got cooking and there was a massive feast, huge chicken legs and steaks cooked outside on the open flames of the chimney wood-grill, and more watching the games the followed. Chris told Gladys "this is the GREATEST fathers day I could have." To which I thought: Great. Thanks. That is going to make later years quite difficult to top.
With all the screaming and yelling around the soccer (or, "football") games, the kids didn't really get to nap that afternoon & it caught up with them later. Pictures are Logan with the girls (Olivia is the blonde little girl, LeAnn is the older and is Gladys' daughter) and the second is Olivia and Logan asleep. Logan loves the jumperoo so much, he opted to just sleep there, or fell asleep mid-jump. Neither scenario shocks me.





No comments:
Post a Comment