..or really, "second half of December." If it wasn't already mid- January, I'd do them in separate posts. But I negged on my pledge to blog again immediately after Christmas, so here we are throwing it all in together.
Birthday celebration(s) were thrown, MANY presents were opened (wow! thanks to all for such wonderful generousity), & we had GA family here for 12/15 wknd & party that Sunday. Then Logan's daycare had their holiday vaca, so he split his time for 2 wks between back-up daycare, some days with his Graham Grandparents, and Mom & Dad's days off from work. He had a head cold for Christmas (Eve, Day and day after) but muddled through. We went to his 12 month Dr appt on 12/28; luckily by that point, it was a 'well baby' visit. Purely FYI ...vital stats of Logan @ 1 yr old: 21 lbs, 13 oz...30" tall. [We really thought he was upwards of 24 lbs. Shocked] Looking around the waiting room, we're lucky we've so far escaped a recent DC area pandemic of pink eye.
For New Years, we traveled to the Langins home in PA for a fun 24 hours of kiddy play time and good friends. We were all asleep by the time 2007 rang in and loved every minute of the get-together; just can't make it to midnight and well beyond, like we had for the group's many years of New Year traditions.
L's 95% into adult table food now, the ocassional baby food item thrown in when we eat less healthy than we should and don't want to go there with him. He's 100% into his whole milk routine (weaning complete as of just last weekend... I think we're both doing fairly ok with it) and getting used to the taste, so his daily volume is increasing. We haven't found much he doesn't eat, as long as he's feeding himself. So, we and the floors are all very messy and dinner time takes FOREVER. Which is actually kind of nice at the end of a long work day (the time spent together, not the mess).
He's standing very well unassisted and walking [assisted] everywhere with the help of anything that slides on the floor and moving toys. His crawling has gotten into the "up on all fours elephant walk" so the unassisted walking is imminent; I'm not even going to guess time frame b/c I was the one who thought he'd be walking by his bday.
I'm not on the computer right now that has the pix, so I'll do a "just pictures" post over the weekend. I really mean that [and I realize you've heard that before.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
J, thanks for the updates....he sounds quite healthy and will be "motoring "around the house any second,.we will go up to NJ in Spring to see Hailie and visit you all as well.
JPTG- your comments are soo funny on my blog - i love it. Yours is really great too - I love reading it now that I know about it! Kisses to Logan for his first bday and first xmas - so wonderful.... OH, and I was sure that Fi would walk by bday too - they love to prove you wrong! And a huge congrats to you for making a year with pumping involved... i can say that it would have never worked for me (as you can tell by my last post). I think that is a million times more difficult to do. xo C
Post a Comment