Monday, August 11, 2008

All the ways I'm ready for baby bro's arrival

  1. The physical discomforts of late pregnancy will be GONE, replaced by birth-related and nursing discomforts. Not sure which is the 'win' situation.
  2. um
  3. uh
Yep, that's about it. The list about how we're not ready is much longer. I hope to move some of those "not" to the "yes, we are" list in the next weeks. Well, considering we're talking in terms of weeks now anyway, that is all we have to work with.



Partially ready- it counts:

  1. Room has been painted, one piece of decor on the wall, ceiling fan is up
  2. His one NEW thing, just for him (a dresser/changer combo) arrived in late July and is in his room. Though, it is filled with junk I needed to stash when painters arrived
  3. Closet 1/2 cleaned out
  4. Narrowed down to short list of names (2, to be exact.. will prob be decided at hospital upon glance of little guy)
  5. Logan went to a sibling preparation class on Saturday. Not bad! He actually had an interest in wrapping the doll up in a blanket and carrying child over to "bed." I try not to stress he didn't think it was awful that the blanket was on top of child's face/mouth and that he kind of tossed baby onto the table. Boys. He did like to walk around the hospital postpartum floor and look for babies. Small victory.
  6. I took the Boppy out of its plastic zipper bag last night to show Logan b/c he questioned and saw a pic of him in it. UH- Mis-take. He LOVES it and thinks its for him. Sits in it to drink his milk and listen to book reading. Fabulous. Bro and I will surely be propped up in pillows for all time that Logan is in our presence.
  7. Work- am casually creating my transition doc/cheat sheets to other poor members of my team. Have talked to boss about "coming back plans" for early January. Promising discussion- we'll see how it turns out in January! All theory right now...
  8. I have my "Top 3" leaders for birth announcements in mind
There just HAS to be more than this I can check off list... geez.... Will update as the big ones move from one list to the next, in a positive direction, that is.

3 comments:

YF said...

so funny - the good thing is that this time you guys will totally know the ropes with the infant - that is the most important prep! can't wait!

Anonymous said...

If you guys needs a refreshing course on infants, come visit us!!!! Chris has recently re-experienced a newborn's hungry cry...his oh-oh face = priceless!

Anonymous said...

Forget the lists, you will be fine. I'm excited for all of you. :)