Had Doctor AND Ultrasound appts yesterday. Both good. If no labor commences on its own, the little guy will also face same "eviction" fate as big bro- this time must be c-section b/c I can't be induced due to previous c-sec. So here we are, now inside 3 weeks w/ a scheduled c-sect. on Wed 9/24 @ 11am. But I am allowed to labor and do VBAC (the pushing kind of delivery, oh joy) if child decides to arrive before then. Dr asked if I wanted to be checked for dilation/effacement progress. I said a resounding "NO THANK YOU" yet again this week, though sometimes Braxton Hicks evening contractions have me wondering- SOMETHING has to be going on. Maybe next week (9/11 appt) I'll give in to my *mild* curiousity on the topic, but not right now.
U/S results: Child has ample amnio fluid for next 2-3 wks, which had been concern b/c Logan was low on his fluid on his actual bday, just not sure when that started. Child #2 is already an estimated 7 and 1/2 to 8 lbs small. (GULP, at that rate, he WILL be same size as L on bday- over 9lbs!) All measurements are consistent that he is about 9 days more mature and ready than the calendar suggests (39 wks+ 1 day VERSUS his 'real' age & track of 37 wks + 6 days that we live around). The "lines" on his head (techie pointed out) are, get this, alot of HAIR. Again, no surprise that he's not follicly challenged. He is quite evidently practicing breathing, can see his lungs and belly move in breathing motion. CUTE. All in all- positive results. The bird is cooked.
NOW, many would think- great, he'll be here any day! Yes, I guess he could. But given family history & biology of necessary "medical intervention to start labor," I doubt it. AND I need 10 more days on my personal watch before I'm really ready. All grandparent vacations will expire no later than 9/13, and then're we're even more in the clear. Workwise- well, I'm doing the best I can to transition things. His room needs finishing touches, but we could proceed w/o those if need be for the first weeks. Hospital bag has things piled up on top of duffle bag, I need to simply shift those items to INSIDE the bag and I can be in the car w/i 20 mins. But I'm just not feelin' the crush yet. So, I think we have some time. In fact, intuition tells me... I might be doing all the finishing touches on Tues night 9/23.





No comments:
Post a Comment