The past 24 hours have presented a good handful of "slate cleaning" episodes. And none too early, b/c we're smack dab in the middle of a crazy week. Let me recount all the good kharma that has come our way and further buoyed my good mood.
- Train whistles arrived in time for Mothers Day affair at L's school. (L's teacher needed 15 of them, I volunteered to find and purchase/donate to her class, they're using them in a Mothers Day show on Thursday afternoon at school) She called me yesterday at work (scared the stuffing out of me) to thank me when she found they had arrived in time, hugged me this AM, & generally has been overjoyed. The fact that she doesn't have to worry about this makes me feel good and is one thing I don't have to worry about either.
- Worked out with caterer the details for Saturday's food and delivery. All set. This is just for the main dish- I'm still handling the other sides, with great assistance from other family and friends.
- Landscapers are now jumping to action at my numerous irritated voicemails about 'no-sod-yet-in-backyard-after-patio-installation-tore-everything-all-up' state. I feel better they're doing what they can, even if they're here installing on Thursday or Friday (might take them 1 hour, tops), it works for me and they're acting on what I asked them to do. Our rain supply over last week has not allowed sod suppliers to cut new sod, so I'm on a wait list for sod. But I feel good that I'm being heard now. Small victory, but I'll take it. I'm dreaming about sod @ night, so this issue bothers me to the core, apparently.
- "To do" list pre-baptism/party is dwindling, little by little.
- I'll be 100% working from home after this Thursday, since our building will now be occupied by one of the new owners of my company, and I'm not their employee yet/at this time/maybe never. Allows me time for visiting the gym and cooking dinner and alot more life-balance stuff for as long as this nice little BearingPoint career continues. Which may not be long (see #7 below).
- I joined one co-worker to another co-worker this morning- #1 coworker is leaving and needs a replacement for her position (a position that will port over to new company), and #2 is/was facing unemployment due to business unit sell-off. Professional matchmaker, I might now be. Saving another parent from unemployment is how I like to think of it.
- Small, happy steps are being made in my own job search as I progress a little further with an interesting lead. Hopefully, more info to come in upcoming days. I had a good screening call today with a recruiter for highly acclaimed gov't contracting company and I believe she's going to arrange for a true interview for me tomorrow/Thursday. This firm is rated in "Top 100 for Working Mothers", by WorkingMother magazine or such. Great vibes. No travel in this position. Another big plus. Don't want to get too excited.





1 comment:
janeen - love yr blog!! so cool and inspirational to read the experiences and thoughts of a seasoned mommy. :) jill
Post a Comment