I'm reverting to old blog me, where I was lucky to get one post a month completed. I just ordered a new laptop which is in "build" phase now then hopefully quick "ship" phase, so I think that will help me improve again to something more respectable, like 3-4 times a month. I won't feel banished to the basement for my personal computing time and could blog on the fly upstairs with the rest of the family during constant replays of Diego, Thomas, Wordworld or Sid the Science Kid (the adults get the TV back after dinner). During my job search, I was on that basement desktop for 6-8 hours a day, so keeping up the blog was a pleasant deviation from the "job."
Highlights of the past five wks since last post (this list is intended to selfishly organize my picture posting for next post)
- Austin's bday celebration(s)
- Oct 3rd PA trip to see friends (Sat) and family (Sun), pick apples at Linvilla, play, play, play. Quick trip to VU Bookstore to stock up on merchandise for a 'fan family' of 4.
- Oct 9th GA trip- Columbus Day weekend
- New job for me - no pictures, but I'll tell you about it later. Good stuff. Happened fast. Nice cha-ching, even nicer to get out of the house and be productive member of society yet again. THOUGH commute I could do without, oh and the early mornings- those too. Yeck.
- Halloween- likely it will be Sunday 11/1 before I get a post published, so I may as well throw in the various Halloween festivities.
See you soon, thanks for checking back. I'm sure I'll lose some loyal readers (ie, go from 5 readers to 3 readers) if I let those mega-breaks in posting happen frequently. I resolve to do better with new computing set-up. And proud Mom and Dad will no longer vie for computing time, machine memory "space" which in turn then inhibits the other's processing time. Marital harmony comes in the way of 2 machines. I've been given 2 weeks to take my files and "go" from the desktop, leaving the king of the house with his gaming and internet machine on a 5 1/2 yr old desktop. Which likely will be replaced w/i the next 6 months anyway.
Happy Halloween week!
No comments:
Post a Comment