This new literal interest is comprised of following links from other blogs to read what other Moms write. I soak it up, I tell you- I'm a true lurker on countless sites. I've followed so many hyperlinks, I've forgotten where I started. Then, as a consequence of so much lurking, I must check every few days for updates on these strangers' lives. I'm not renewing any more of my Mom-centered magazine subscriptions because of this. Who needs one more article on fussy eaters, sibling rivalry, and potty training? These blog stories & snippets far surpass the quality and usefulness of those articles.
Today's nugget, highly worth the read? Check this puppy out: http://svmomblog.typepad.com/deep_south_moms/2008/06/dear-new-york-m.html- in the "Deep South Moms" page. [To be separately emailed to my southern friend moms to make sure they all read and enjoy.] Just when I feel that my own life, years 5-18 spent in ATL were so long & distant ago- would I, could I ever fit back in? Well, here comes this piece and BAM!!! I'm heartened that all is not lost- I certainly could fold myself & family into it someday. Most, if not all of the points are funny and relatable to me still- and interesting how many were applicable in Aug 1978, exactly 30 years ago when my own parents attempted and were successful at the same "transplant." (ATL traffic was not issue in 1978, though)
DC Metro and NJ Moms- there are sister sites for our/your locales at this URL, should you so wish..
* really, I wouldn't call what I do "blogging." It is truly an "administrator" position of Logan's website. I'm [primarily] not writing daily musings or thoughts on anything other than the details that make up "us" with some pix thrown in. Not to belittle efforts here, but I'm just not committed to more writing. My updates are far too wordy as it is.





2 comments:
loved the linked post--i mean, look who's here 15 years already! And, of course, I do LOVE my "Peaches"! LOL.
Love you guys too! Talk to you soon!
--CCG and the Peaches
Well written article.
Post a Comment