I have LOVED being at home this time. L-O-V-E-D. I felt same last time with Logan but we didn't have near as much housework and house-wifey things to stay on top of as we do now that keep me immensely busy now. Christmas/Logan b-day prep is nothing to sneeze at, either. I was sending Logan to the "unknown" daycare [at the time] after that leave expired, and that was anxiety-ridden for the last month. It has been an immense help to have me home now, Austin is a PLEASURE to be around (& so was L at this age). I have no anxiety/fears about where Austin will spend his time while I'm at work- G. is part of the family and trusted- we actually are looking forward to going to her house every day again and seeing the old crew.
HOWEVER, if the Board of Directors of my anonymous employer (though I've mentioned it before, and this is factual, not sentiment) should make some grandiose decision in Q1 about the future of our "battered" company and this does away with my position, I say ... "bring it on."(I'll spare you the sordid tale, but it involves the phrase "de-listing on the NYSE") I will shed not one tear (I think). This puts me back at home with Austin, albeit temporarily until I find something else, but you know what I mean. Me=not sad.
Christmas cards are now all officially in the mail, so you're getting our picture(s). There were a few different versions of xmas cards & pictures that went out from our house- keeping things lively and people talking. Here's a pic that was not included in anything just mailed, but I had to post a picture b/c you made it through all that text and I haven't posted to the blog in one month. Next update will be a Christmas, 3rd B-day, school pageant (we have a Wiseman in our midst... one I have to find a costume for) and Tobin grandparent visit recap.
Happy Holidays to all!





3 comments:
I hope that BPC has more important things to do than read your blog, or perhaps that could be part of the issue.
to my anonymous commenter. Yes, I know. I'm only stating facts fully disclosed to the general public (de-listing), not sentiment. Regardless, I did take out the name of the company just to avoid search engines bringing it up- the bare bones HR dept we have has far more important things to do than search for something so benign. Either way, it does help there is no tie to my real name/identity [as their employee] anywhere on this blog.
Sounds like you are doing very well and handling this new transition like a champ. I am impressed. Hope we can see you soon and meet Austin before he is driving. Your boyz look adorable. Take care and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!
Post a Comment